Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Introducing: Pop Quizzes!

As I've been researching, I've been really surprised by some information that I've found. There are so many little-known facts that make a huge impact upon the abortion issue. I thought this would be an interesting way to see if these things are as little known as I expected and for you to learn a bit too. (And to hold me accountable to looking up stuff and continuing research.) I'm thinking I will update the pop quiz every two weeks, but I'll see how it goes and adjust it from there. 

So, without further ado, here is our first question: what are the two definitions of the word "conception"? In the pro-life movement, you hear people say "life begins at conception" all the time. But when is conception? No cheating--don't look it up! At least until after you've answered. When the poll closes in two weeks I'll write a post explaining the answer and introducing another question. 

Take a guess! Don't feel shy. No one will know who you are, there's no shame in getting it wrong. This morning I probably would have too. Please choose two answers and only two answers. Enjoy! 


2 comments:

  1. 1. When the sperm fertilizes the egg.
    2. when the fertilized egg implants into the uterus
    ...am i cheating?

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone! Thank you for viewing my blog. I'd like to have some guidelines for commenting, because it's very easy to get nasty on the internet without meaning to. I encourage you to comment, just remember one thing: I am a human being. I make mistakes, and I have feelings. That goes for me and all other commenters and readers and human beings. I encourage asking questions, as long as it's done respectfully.
Now please, comment away and enjoy my blog!
-Becca