Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Norma McCorvey, or "Jane Roe" of Roe v Wade

Most people know that Roe v Wade is the case that legalized abortion. Some people know the details of the case, and even fewer know anything about the woman named "Jane Roe" who made the case happen. "Jane Roe" is a woman named Norma McCorvey. I read her book Won By Love a few years ago, and right now I'm in the middle of I Am Roe. Both are incredible reads, but I don't think one should be read without the other. I would definitely recommend them. The life of the woman who became "Roe" is really remarkable, and something that should be taken into account when looking at the abortion movement as a whole.

Definitely go read the books. McCorvey's life is heartbreaking at times; she needed the love of Christ but could only find drugs, alcohol, and one night stands. Won By Love tells of how she came face-to-face with the love that she desired, and in the most unlikely place imaginable: the young daughter of a pro-life advocate who worked next door to McCorvey's abortion clinic. Through the love offered by the people who should be her worst enemy, McCorvey met Christ and eventually became pro-life. I don't think I've ever read a more moving testimony of God working in someone's life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you for viewing my blog. I'd like to have some guidelines for commenting, because it's very easy to get nasty on the internet without meaning to. I encourage you to comment, just remember one thing: I am a human being. I make mistakes, and I have feelings. That goes for me and all other commenters and readers and human beings. I encourage asking questions, as long as it's done respectfully.
Now please, comment away and enjoy my blog!
-Becca