Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Teen Mother Choices International

I've been looking for an organization like this for a while. Teen Mother Choices International is taking Pro-Life to the next level. They come along side of the girls who choose life and help them in the most practical ways, such as finding them a mentor, taking them through life skills classes, paying for childcare so the young woman can go to school, and even helping them out with taxes. I love how Christa March, the founder of TMCInternational, explains it:
"It's not about glorifying teen motherhood. It's honoring those women who have chosen to give their children life. And saying that we're going to help you do whatever it takes to be independent so you don't need anyone--not the government, not a bad boyfriend." 
I'm sick of hearing people say that we should look down upon teen moms because they were irresponsible to get pregnant in the first place. We've all made bad decisions, and we all have to live with them. If we as the church don't help teen moms, then who will?
"'Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven--for she loved much. But he who is forgive little, loves little.' And He said to her, 'Your sins are forgiven.'" (Luke 7:47-48)
The teens who choose life for their child deserve respect and honor. They could have taken the easy way out with abortion, but instead they did the sacrificial thing, put their own lives on hold, and chose life. Choosing life is not a one time decision, it's a commitment to making that decision everyday. They are laying their lives down for another, isn't this the greatest kind of love we're told to emulate?
"Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13) 
Stand With Teen Moms Day is on May 6, 2012, one week before mothers day, because teen moms became moms just a little earlier than most women. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you for viewing my blog. I'd like to have some guidelines for commenting, because it's very easy to get nasty on the internet without meaning to. I encourage you to comment, just remember one thing: I am a human being. I make mistakes, and I have feelings. That goes for me and all other commenters and readers and human beings. I encourage asking questions, as long as it's done respectfully.
Now please, comment away and enjoy my blog!
-Becca