Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Prenatal Discrimination Act

PRENDA, the Prenatal Discrimination Act, has failed. It would have made sex-selective abortions illegal, but the two-thirds majority needed failed with 246 yes and 168 no. (Read more here).

What's more, today Live Action released another video in their War On Baby Girls series. This time, in New York City, yet another Planned Parenthood employee counsels a woman seeking to abort if her baby is a girl. She says having another girl would be horrible because she wants a boy. What will Planned Parenthood do now? They keep saying they are against gendercide, they seemed to luck out last time by having already fired the employee of the previous video, what will be their next move?

Abby Johnson of Live Action, author of Unplanned, and former Planned Parenthood clinic director, said, "The counselor in this video is a licensed social worker. In this video you will hear her encourage the pregnant women to get a Chorionic Villi Sampling test to determine the gender of her baby. Here's what the counselor doesn't say...CVS testing is very risky...miscarriage rate is 1 in a 100 procedures. Oh well, it's not like they really care about the unborn or risks...or informed consent."


And yes, this has been my second post of the day and it's only 4:30. That's what happens when interesting things are happening in abortion news and I'm trying to draft that darn chapter four about abortion history. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a new visitor to your blog and I just watched this video and also part 1 which you had posted earlier. I am shocked and disgusted to find out that this "procedure" is going on. I am almost speechless, I had no idea. Thank you so much for sharing. Keep up the good work with your book writing.

    In Christ,
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, Claire! It's encouraging to hear from readers, especially new ones :)

      Delete

Hello everyone! Thank you for viewing my blog. I'd like to have some guidelines for commenting, because it's very easy to get nasty on the internet without meaning to. I encourage you to comment, just remember one thing: I am a human being. I make mistakes, and I have feelings. That goes for me and all other commenters and readers and human beings. I encourage asking questions, as long as it's done respectfully.
Now please, comment away and enjoy my blog!
-Becca