Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Proverbs 31:1-9

 The words of King Lemuel. An oracle that his mother taught him:
What are you doing, my son? What are you doing, son of my womb? 
What are you doing, son of my vows? 
Do not give your strength to women, 
your ways to those who destroy kings. 
It is not for kings, O Lemuel, 
it is not for kings to drink wine, 
or for rulers to take strong drink, 
lest they drink and forget what has been decreed
and pervert the rights of all the afflicted. 
Give strong drink to the one who is perishing, 
and wine to those in bitter distress; 
let them drink and forget their poverty 
and remember their misery no more. 
Open your mouth for the mute, 
for the rights of all who are destitute. 
Open your mouth, judge righteously, 
defend the rights of the poor and needy.  

1 comment:

  1. Just goes to show ... One should always listen to one's mother.

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone! Thank you for viewing my blog. I'd like to have some guidelines for commenting, because it's very easy to get nasty on the internet without meaning to. I encourage you to comment, just remember one thing: I am a human being. I make mistakes, and I have feelings. That goes for me and all other commenters and readers and human beings. I encourage asking questions, as long as it's done respectfully.
Now please, comment away and enjoy my blog!
-Becca