Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Why Writing a Book Is a Happy Thing

I found this on my computer from last semester, I hope you enjoy. :)

  • I get to open sentences with articles. Multiple times. In a row. 
  • I can use be verbs. 
  • Exclams! 
  • I can make up my own way to cite things. Somewhat. 
  • No pointless busy work assignments. Amen. 
  • I can use wikipedia! Oh wait, no I can't. 
  • I DON'T HAVE TO USE FREAKING NOTECARDS IF I FREAKING DON'T WANT TO. 
  • I don't have to avoid certain words because certain teachers don't like them. 
  • I can have three sentence paragraphs. Or two. Or one. Or one and a half. And fragments and the occasional run-on! 
  • The words my fingers are forming will have no effect on my GPA. 
  • No strategizing whether or not math homework or writing is more important to get done now.
  • I don't have to use times new roman 12 point font with one inch margins all around. Bring on the Helvica. 
  • I can write in the first person if I feel so inclined. 

When things feel overwhelming, write a list of positive things no matter how small and trivial they seem. And who knows, it may help you in quite a few months :) 

5 comments:

  1. haha! I love my Times New Roman 12 pt. font. Speaking of which, isn't your blog formated with that font? Or something nearly like it. Yay serifs. They are the best.
    --Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph: I think it's Times, actually. It messed up the size in this post thought and it wouldn't let me fix it. But hey, I'm not getting a lower grade because of it!

    Shannon: Haha thanks. I barely remember writing this and I have no idea how old it is, but it made me so happy when I found it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! And that list goes for blogging too! I hate writing with the exception of writing posts for my blog!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone! Thank you for viewing my blog. I'd like to have some guidelines for commenting, because it's very easy to get nasty on the internet without meaning to. I encourage you to comment, just remember one thing: I am a human being. I make mistakes, and I have feelings. That goes for me and all other commenters and readers and human beings. I encourage asking questions, as long as it's done respectfully.
Now please, comment away and enjoy my blog!
-Becca