Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen


This was originally posted in July of 2011 using tumblr
I have a thought. I’ve been reading through the book of Mark, and I noticed the way Jesus talks to women. He always speaks tenderly and respectfully, treats them like ladies, and makes them feel beautiful. Even when talking to the sinners and prostitutes, He treated them with value in a way that no one else ever had. He knows all the terrible things they did, yet He casts no judgement. I can’t imagine being around Jesus and not feeling like a beautiful lady who is worth more than the world to Him. How incredible is that? Not only is it true, but I can have that mindset now. I am a child of God, a beautiful woman He created and loves. And ladies, so are you!
Secondly, it made me wonder about the way men treat women and women treat men. Is there a way for men to treat women that makes them feel like beautiful ladies? Is there a way women can treat men to make them feel like strong men? We live in such a confused world where some women want to be treated like men, some men try to be women, and people are so confused about what being a man or a woman means. Can how Christians treat and talk to each other change that? Jesus treated men and women so differently, but in a completely appropriate, encouraging, and God-glorifying way. How can we do the same to each other? 
Reply to this, message me, or email me with comments. I’d love to hear what you have to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you for viewing my blog. I'd like to have some guidelines for commenting, because it's very easy to get nasty on the internet without meaning to. I encourage you to comment, just remember one thing: I am a human being. I make mistakes, and I have feelings. That goes for me and all other commenters and readers and human beings. I encourage asking questions, as long as it's done respectfully.
Now please, comment away and enjoy my blog!
-Becca