Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Mom Uses Abortion to Hide Rape of Mentally Disabled Daughter

(Read article here).

My heart breaks for this little girl and her child.

Abortion in cases of rape and incest are highly disputed. The book Victims and Victors is an incredible resource concerning this heartbreaking topic and I would highly recommend it (it's out of print but you can find it used on Amazon). This story exemplifies a major point in Victims and Victors, that abortion is often used to protect the rapist. In cases of incest, like this one, it only keeps the victim in an abusive relationship.

Abortion doesn't help victims of rape and incest. It only further destroys the already hurting woman or girl. Can we stand for women?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you for viewing my blog. I'd like to have some guidelines for commenting, because it's very easy to get nasty on the internet without meaning to. I encourage you to comment, just remember one thing: I am a human being. I make mistakes, and I have feelings. That goes for me and all other commenters and readers and human beings. I encourage asking questions, as long as it's done respectfully.
Now please, comment away and enjoy my blog!
-Becca